Monday, December 12, 2016

Lasagna Bake

I love lasagna! It was one of my most requested foods. My Mom made it growing up, and the smell takes me back to my childhood. My Mom let us request what we wanted her to make for dinner. I usually requested lasagna and holiday ham . . . just not at the same time.

Some people are intimidated by making lasagna. There are many layers and some people have issues with cooking the lasagna noodles. My Mom's recipe has never given me any problems, but I wanted to make this a quick, easy lasagna. So, here's my ravioli lasagna bake.


Ravioli Lasagna Bake
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic
8 ounces lean ground meat (I use 90/10% or 93/7%)
1 jar marinara (or you can make your own)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups 2% mozzarella
1 package cheese ravioli
1 Tablespoon parsley, minced
1 Tablespoon basil, chiffonade

Add olive oil and onions to a large pot. Add onions, and sauté until translucent. Add mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until soft. Add salt, garlic, and pepper. Sauté 1 minute. Add marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, and sugar. If you don't like spice, you may omit the red pepper flakes. Let sauce simmer for 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 300*F.

In a separate pot, simmer water and add pasta. Cook pasta 20% less than the directions advise. For example if your pasta directions say to cook for 10 minutes, only cook for 8 minutes. The pasta will finish cooking in the oven.

In an oven-safe 9x10 pan, put 1/2 cup marinara in the bottom of the pan. Layer 1/2 the pasta in the pan. Add 4 ounces or 1/2 of the browned ground beef. Add 1/2 the cheese (1 cup). Repeat layers. Layer half the marinara (~1 cup). Add the rest of the pasta. Add the remaining ground beef. Add remaining of marinara. Add the remainder of the cheese (1/2 cup).


Cook for 20-25 minutes until the lasagna is warm and bubbling. When the lasagna is baked, top with parsley and basil. Let the lasagna cool and set for at least 20 minutes. Enjoy! 


This recipe freezes well. So you can make a double batch. You can eat one now and save one for later. Or, share one with a friend!

I've had a lot of people ask me for more entrée recipes, so here's one! I've also had friends and followers ask for what to pair with an entrée to make a meal. If you have the lasagna bake for your entrée, I would pair this with steamed broccoli, roasted broccoli, green beans, roasted Brussels sprouts, steam carrots, or a salad. I also enjoy having garlic bread or garlic Texas toast with lasagna.

Let me know if you would like to see more recipe posts. What do you pair with your lasagna? Feel free to tag me on social media, PinterestInstagram, and Twitter, if you make any of my recipes. I'd love to see what you make!

If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment