Friday, January 2, 2015

The Beginning of a New Year: 2015

As I get, older, it feels like time moves more quickly. It is the start of a New Year, and I feel as if Christmas was yesterday and Thanksgiving was merely the week before.

Christmas is a season of giving. This year, I feel blessed: good healthy, warm home, and time with family and friends. Some of our friends are now in different states and cities, so I am thankful for phones and good old fashioned snail mail. I love getting mail and around the holidays I feel remember if that makes since. I've also received some birthday and Christmas presents that make me excited for this new year.

I feel likes my world is full of people that are setting new year, new goals . . . both on blogs and my "real world." I know the seemingly pessimistic statistics of how long goals last. Call me an optimist, but I love a fresh start and am energized by those who are brave enough to challenge themselves, try new things, and work to be the best they can be.


So, here are the goals I have for 2015:

1) Try 50 new recipes
Notice, I said 'try" not "make successfully." Hahaha. I love the bake, but I am hoping to find some new savory meals to enjoy. Mostly of my Christmas and birthday presents support this goal - from new cookbooks to new tools. I am better prepared and ready to try new things. P.s. I may need some taste testers. Are there any volunteers??

2) Exercise consistently
With all that baking and cooking, I'll need some balance to be healthy. I'm hoping to find some new aerobic classes in our new town. Classes motivated me to move more, challenge myself, and are great for stress relief.

3) Find a creative outlet
I've noticed my favorite parts of my job are when I get to be more creative: making handouts, creating interactive education boards, food styling, and recipe development. I am hoping to find more creative outlets in my personal and professional life.

I hope this inspired you to reflect on 2014 and consider what you want to accomplish in 2015. So, try new things, challenge yourself, and be the best you can be. Here's to a Happy . . . and Healthy New Year!

For more tips and tricks for healthy eating, follow RDtipoftheday on Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment