Friday, November 20, 2015

RDtipoftheday's Friday Favorites: Thanksgiving Edition

Welcome to a new series Friday Favorites. I will be sharing my favorite things from blogs I read, favorite recipes, and much more.  My goal is to share my favorite reads and save you time wadding through the web. Hope you enjoy the new series! You can also tag me, @RDtipoftheday, on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter to let me know of anything you want featured on Friday Favorites. Also, tag me if you make any of my recipes. Enjoy this Thanksgiving edition of Friday Favorites!


Thanksgiving:
Are you looking for something quick, easy, and healthy to bring to Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving? Check out this Thanksgiving themed crudites platter. Fill the turkey with your favorite dip; I love light salad dressings or hummus with veggies.

A mindful eating tip for the holidays and everyday.

Folow my Pinterest boards and Thanksgiving board for recipes, ideas for celebrating healthier holiday, and easy entertaining ideas.

I love the idea of making personal seating cards. This would be a great job for the kids to personalize your tablescape. http://magnoliahomes.net/personalizing-your-tablescape/.

Holidays are for spending time with people you love. I would love to learn and cook with this talented lady; here are Ina Garten's favorite Thanksgiving recipes. http://www.instyle.com/home-decorating/entertaining/ina-gartens-favorite-thanksgiving-recipes#359797.

Recipes:
We celebrated National Sandwich Day on 11/2/15: Here are some yummy salad and soup recipes to accompany your favorites sandwiches.




Songs:
Have you started to listen to Christmas music? Or, are you holding off until Christmas? If you're still holding off, here are a couple songs about food or at least reference food or eating in the title.

Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
Jambalaya by the Carpenters
Sugar Cane by Missy Higgins
Falling in Love at the Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg

Did I leave out any of your favorite food-related tunes? If so, let me know in the comments below.

For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter


If you liked this post, you may enjoy:










No comments:

Post a Comment