Monday, July 4, 2016

Thyme Blueberry Crisp

Looking for a yummy dessert? This dessert is so good. and highlights Summer blueberries.  It's my lighter take on a dessert I had in a restaurant. The combination of blueberries, thyme, and cinnamon is savory, sweet, and fresh. This recipe uses my favorite homemade granola. It's quick, easy and great for entertaining. You can assemble this dessert ahead. Then, bake when your guests finish dinner.



Thyme Blueberry Crisp
1 cup homemade granola recipe
1/2 cup slice almonds
1 quart (4 cups) blueberries
1/16 teaspoon thyme (3 pinches)
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350*F.

Melt 1 Tablespoon butter. Add 2 Tablespoons brown sugary. Add 1 cup granola. (Reserve remainder of granola for breakfast or another treat later.)  Add almonds. Mix together.
Wash and dry blueberries. Add thyme, cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon brown sugar. Fold together gently.

Place one cup of blueberry mixture into 4 ramekins. Top with ~1/4 cup of the granola mixture. Bake at 350*F for 5-10 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. If you want more caramelization and toasting on the topping, broil on high for 2-3 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! 

I love combining sweet with something contrasting. For example, I like sweet & salty or sweet & savory. So, I love this sweet, cinnamon, thyme dessert. I love the contrast in textures and temperatures of the fresh blueberries, warm, crunchy granola, and cool ice cream. I think this is great dessert to share.




For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment