Friday, July 1, 2016

Let's Celebrate July

Y'all I LOVE celebrations! I love birthdays, holidays, Tuesdays, and Fridays! I love celebrating achievements: graduations, babies, marriage, or just being an amazing human being. Give me a reason, and I'll celebrate with you! So, this is a new feature that I thought would be fun! 

In this series, I provide an overview of the food celebrations and holidays in the month, so you can celebrate! For me, this list is helpful for menu planning or throwing themed dinners. These food holidays are a great way to have a themed meal and invite people over to your home. 

I feel like inviting people into your home is a great way to build community. There's something about breaking bread, cooking, sharing recipes, and food that sparks conversation. I love talking and celebrating around a table. So, here are some food celebrations in July.


July has several celebrations throughout the month. July is:



  • National Picnic Month
  • National Baked Bean Month
  • National Culinary Arts Month
  • National Hot Dog Month
  • National Ice Cream Month

There are also many celebrations on days throughout July. 

    • July 4 is National Barbecue Day & Caesar Salad Day
    • July 5 is National Turnover Day
    • July 6 is National Fried Chicken Day
    • July 7 is National Macaroni Day
    • July 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day

    • July 11 is National Blueberry Muffin Day

    • July 12 is National Pecan Pie Day


    • July 17 is National Peach Ice Cream Day
    • July 20 is National Ice-cream Sundae Day
    • July 21 is National Creme Brûlée Day 
    • July 23 is National Vanilla Ice Cream and National Hot Dog Day
    • July 25 is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day

    • July 28 is National Hamburger Day
    • July 29 is National Lasagna Day
    • July 30 is National Cheesecake Day

    I thought this list would be inspiring for your meal plan for July and would encourage some party and entertaining ideas. So, let's celebrate. If you participate in these monthly celebrations, tag me, @RDtipoftheday, and use the hashtag #RDTODcelebrate for a chance to be featured. 


    For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter



    If you liked this post, you might enjoy:






    No comments:

    Post a Comment