Friday, September 30, 2016

RDtipoftheday September Goals

As promised, I am sharing updates on my goals and 2016 resolutions each month. You can take a look at my 2016 goals and my thoughts on goals and resolutionsSharing these goals is a way to keep me accountable and help me to improve, grow, and learn. People who share their goals tend to be more successful. So, I'm sharing the goals here to encourage you and to keep me accountable. You're welcome to comment with your goals and share your progress as well. Feel free to tag your goals with #RDTODgoals or #healthyRD on social media.


2016 Goals
Try 30 new recipes. 
In September, I tried a few new recipes including:





  • Peanut butter banana muffins




  • Ravioli Lasagna




  • Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream and chocolate hazelnut buttercream


For those keeping track, this makes my new recipe count 29 out of 30.

Build endurance and strength.
I'm still loving my strength class. I've added another day of cardio, and I'm glad to say I've been able to be consistent with physical activity. There are times where I get sick and can't go, but I know the benefits of physical activity. What keeps you motivated? Comment below.






Travel.
We made a quick trip through Arkansas to visit some friends.  We lived in AR for a few years, so it's was great visiting familiar places, relive memories, and see friends! It was a quick trip, so we couldn't see everyone. We also explored some new places and restaurants, which I loved! Stay tuned for some of my AR favorites. 







Can you see the quote in the picture above? It says "Pumpkin spice tacos are here! Just kidding." You know it's Fall when pumpkin spice appears, but I can not fathom a pumpkin spice taco. What do you think? Are you pro pumpkin spice everything or is a pumpkin spice taco too far?







Read more.
This month, I read Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist. I enjoy this author very much. One of my friends is hosting a Brunch and Books discussion, which I'm greatly looking forward to! And, a couple of my friends and I are attending the Belong Conference, where she will be speaking.





For those keeping track, my book count is 7 in 2016.


These are my broad goals for 2016. What goals are you working on in 2016? Comment below.


For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter

If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment