Y'all I LOVE celebrations! I love birthdays, holidays, Tuesdays, and Fridays! I love celebrating achievements: graduations, babies, marriage, or just being an amazing human being. Give me a reason, and I'll celebrate with you! So, this is a new feature that I thought would be fun!
In this series, I'm going to provide an overview of the food celebrations and holidays in the month, so you can celebrate. For me, it's helpful for menu planning or throwing themed dinners. These food holidays are a great way to have a themed meal and invite people over to your home.
Eating together, celebrating, and inviting people into your home are a great ways to build community. There's something about breaking bread, cooking, sharing recipes, and food that sparks conversation. I love talking and celebrating around a table. So, here are some food celebrations in September.
September has several celebrations throughout the month. September is:
- National Chicken Month
- National Honey Month
- National Mushroom Month
- National Papaya Month
- National Potato Month
- National Rice Month
- September 1 is National Gyro Day
- Our city has a Greek Food Festival this month that my friends and I are going to got to. See if your city has a Greek Food Fest and enjoy some gyro and baklava. Yum!
- September 2 is National "Grits for Breakfast" Day
- September 4 is National Macadamia Nut Day
- September 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day
- September 6 is National Coffee Ice Cream Day
- September 9 is National "I Love Food" Day
- September 10 is National Hot Dog Day
- September 12 is National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- September 13 is National Peanut Day
- I used peanuts to make the "gold" in my rainbow and pot of gold hummus plate.
- September 17 is National Apple Dumpling Day
- September 18 is National Cheeseburger Day
- I made this turkey burger for the NKF. You can get the recipe on their Food Coach website.
- September 23 is National White Chocolate Day
- September 25 is National Food Service Workers Day
- September 26 is National Key Lime Pie Day
- I made these yummy, key lime squares for the NKF. If you want the recipes for free, sign up for there Food Coach. Enjoy!
- September 29 is National Coffee Day