Monday, August 1, 2016

Let's Celebrate August



Y'all I LOVE celebrations! I love birthdays, holidays, Tuesdays, and Fridays! I love celebrating achievements. Give me a reason, and I'll celebrate with you! So, this is a new feature that I thought would be fun! 

In this series, I'm going to provide an overview of the food celebrations and holidays in the month, so you can celebrate. For me, it's helpful for menu planning or throwing themed dinners. These food holidays are a great way to have a themed meal and invite people over to your home. 

I feel like inviting people into your home is a great way to build community. There's something about breaking bread, cooking, sharing recipes, and food that sparks conversation. I love talking and celebrating around a table. So, here are some food celebrations in August.

August has several celebrations throughout the month. August is:

  • National Catfish Month
  • National Peach Month
  • National Panini Month
  • National Sandwich Month
There are also many celebrations on days throughout August

  • August 2 is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
  • August 3 is National Watermelon Day
  • August 4 is National Chocolate Chip Day
  • August 5 is National Mustard Day & National Waffle Day
  • August 10 is National S'mores Day
  • August 11 is National Panini Day
  • August 12 is National Julienne Fries Day
  • August 13 is National Fillet Mignon Day
image via Google Images
  • August 15 is National Lemon Meringue Pie Day & Happy Birthday to Julia Child!
  • August 19 is National Hot and Spicy Food Day
  • August 20 is National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day
  • August 22 is National Peach Day
    • Start your day off with peaches and homemade granola.
    • End your day with an easy peach bread pudding.
  • August 24 is National Peach Pie Day
  • August 25 is National Banana Split Day
  • August 27 is National Burger Day
  • August 30 is National Toasted Marshmallow Day
  • August 31 is National Trail Mix Day


    I thought this list would be inspiring for your meal plan for August  I hope it is inspiring. So, let's celebrate. If you participate in these monthly celebrations, tag me, @RDtipoftheday, and use the hashtag #RDTODcelebrate for a chance to be featured. 

    For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter


    No comments:

    Post a Comment