Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Let's Celebrate October

Y'all I LOVE celebrations! I love birthdays, holidays, Tuesdays, and Fridays! I love celebrating achievements: graduations, babies, marriage, or just being an amazing human being. Give me a reason, and I'll celebrate with you! So, this is a new feature that I thought would be fun! 

In this series, I'm provide an overview of the food celebrations and holidays in the month, so you can celebrate. For me, it's helpful for menu planning or throwing themed dinners. These food holidays are a great way to have a themed meal and invite people over to your home. 

Inviting people into your home is a great way to build community. There's something about breaking bread, cooking, sharing recipes, and food that sparks conversation. I love talking and celebrating around a table. So, here are some food celebrations in October.


October has several celebrations throughout the month. October is:
  • National Apple Month
  • National Cookbook Month
  • National Pasta Month
  • National Pizza Month 
  • National Popcorn Poppin' Month
  • National Pork Month
  • National Pretzel Month
  • National Seafood Month
There are also many celebrations on days throughout October. 
  • October 1 is National Pumpkin Spice Day
  • October 3 is National Soft Taco Day
  • October 6 is National Noodle Day
  • October 12 is National Pumpkin Pie Day and National Gumbo Day
  • October 14 is National Dessert Day
  • October 15 is National Mushroom Day
  • October 18 is National Chocolate Cupcake Day
  • October 19 is National Seafood Bisque Day
  • October 21 is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
  • October 22 is National Nut Day
  • October 26 is National Pumpkin Day
  • October 27 is National Potato Day
  • October 28 is National Chocolate Day
  • October 29 is National Oatmeal Day
  • October 31 is National Caramel Apple Day
I thought this list would be inspiring for your meal plan for October. I hope it is inspiring. So, let's celebrate. If you participate in these monthly celebrations, tag me, @RDtipoftheday, and use the hashtag #RDTODcelebrate for a chance to be featured. 


For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter


If you liked this post, you might enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment