Friday, October 21, 2016

RDTOD's October Goals Update

As promised, I am sharing updates on my goals and 2016 resolutions in the state of my goals address. You can take a look at my 2016 goals and my thoughts on goals and resolutionsSharing these goals is a way to keep me accountable and help me to improve, grow, and learn. People who share their goals tend to be more successful. So, I'm sharing the goals here to encourage you and to keep me accountable. You're welcome to comment with your goals and share your progress as well. Feel free to tag your goals with #RDTODgoals or #healthyRD on social media.

2016 Goals
Try 30 new recipes. 

In October, I tried a few new recipes including:

  • Vanilla and pumpkin scones
  • Shredded beef and bell peppers for soft tacos
For those keeping track, this makes my new recipe count 28 out of 30.


Build endurance and strength.
I'm still loving my strength class. I created another playlist of music for motivation for cardio, and I'm glad to say it's helped me look forward to gym days. There are times when I'm busy and working out doesn't seem to fit in to my schedule, but I know physical activity is beneficialWhat keeps you motivated? Comment below.



image via Amazon.com

Read more.
This month, I read Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist. I enjoy this author very much. this was a really interesting read that also includes recipes. I tried one recipe so far, and I have a few bookmarked to make in the future. Here's one of my favorite quotes from the book.

from Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist

Learn something new.
I keep cooking and baking. I'm practicing what I've learned in my cooking classes, and I continue to try new recipes. I'm starting to plan about what I want to learn next. Stay tuned to find out.


These are my broad goals for 2016. What goals are you working on in 2016?
Comment below.


For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter

If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment