Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Healthy RD Challenge: Day 2

How are you doing with the #HealthyRD Challenge? I hope you are doing well. Don't be discourage if you've hit some roadblocks on your journey to becoming healthier. Obstacles are a normal part of change. Here's a reminder of what I've done for the Healthy RD Challenge: Day 1.

What is the Healthy RD Challenge?
This is my challenge for each of us to take one step a day on the road to being healthier . . . the healthy road or #HealthyRD if you will. If you participate in the #HealthyRD challenge, make sure you use the hashtag #HealthyRD and tag or tweet me, @RDtipoftheday, for a chance to be featured! I am sharing the five healthy choices I'm making each day this week. 

Healthy RD Challenge: Day 2
Today, I worked on my garden, which is my #HealthyRD Day 2 healthy choice. My grandfather has a large garden . . . or a small farm depending on your viewpoint. I love the idea of growing things, but do not love the idea of meeting snakes in the garden. I do live in the South you know. I thought I would follow in my grandfather's footsteps with very small baby steps.

I love cooking with herbs and spices. Adding herbs to your recipes is a great way to add flavor without adding fat or sodium. If you are watching your dietary sodium or fat intake, try adding herbs to add flavor without adding fat or salt.




I started growing some herbs around Valentine's Day and Easter. I keep them indoors in a sunny spot because it still cold outside. I currently have basil, rosemary, sage, and mint. Since I recently started growing herbs, I would greatly appreciate any tips you have to keep herbs alive. Please comment on the blog, tag me on Instagram, or tweet me, @RDtipoftheday, with tips to keep my herb garden alive and healthy.

How will you choose to be healthy today?

Check with your personal RD or MD before starting a new diet or exercise program to make sure it is healthy, safe, and the right choice for you.

For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter . You can subscribe to this blog, RDtipoftheday.blogspot.com, through BlogLovin.


If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy:








 

No comments:

Post a Comment