Monday, April 13, 2015

Healthy RD Challenge: Day 6

How are you doing with the #HealthyRD Challenge? I hope you are doing well! 



What is the Healthy RD Challenge?
This is my challenge for each of us to take one step a day on the road to being healthier . . . the healthy road or #HealthyRD if you will. If you participate in the #HealthyRD challenge, make sure you use the hashtag #HealthyRD and tag or tweet me, @RDtipoftheday, for a chance to be featured! I am sharing the five healthy choices I'm making each day this week.  Here's a reminder of what I did for the Healthy RD Challenge last week: Day 1Day 2Day 3Day 4, and Day 5. Check out the links to get ideas on living a healthier lifestyle.



Healthy RD Challenge: Day 6
Today, I am eating whole grains, which is my #HealthyRD Day 6 healthy choice. I love the taste of whole grains. I loved white bread and white rice growing up. Louisiana cuisine is full of white rice in jambalaya, gumbo, and etoufee. I acquired the taste for whole grains as I got older. There are whole grain versions of all your favorite grains: whole grain rice, bread, oatmeal, tortillas, flour, popcorn, and pasta. To double-check that your grain choice is a whole grain, look for at least 2-3 grams of fiber per serving. Whole grains provide more fiber than refined grains.



Fiber is very beneficial to your health. Fiber helps make you feel full (satiety), can help with weight management, and can lower cholesterol levels. So, aim to eat at least 50% of your grain choices as whole grains. Get more fiber, and be healthy! 




How will you choose to be healthy today?

Check with your personal RD or MD before starting a new diet or exercise program to make sure it is healthy, safe, and the right choice for you.

For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter . You can subscribe to this blog, RDtipoftheday.blogspot.com, through BlogLovin.

If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy:









No comments:

Post a Comment