Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Healthy RD Challenge: Day 3

How are you doing with the #HealthyRD Challenge? I hope you are doing well! Here's a reminder of what I've done for the Healthy RD Challenge: Day 1 and Day 2.

What is the Healthy RD Challenge?
This is my challenge for each of us to take one step a day on the road to being healthier . . . the healthy road or #HealthyRD if you will. If you participate in the #HealthyRD challenge, make sure you use the hashtag #HealthyRD and tag or tweet me, @RDtipoftheday, for a chance to be featured! I am sharing the five healthy choices I'm making each day this week. 




Healthy RD Challenge: Day 3
Today, I am going to meet the #5aDayChallenge, which is my #HealthyRD Day 3 healthy choice. I issued a #5aDayChallenge last summer as a way to encourage myself and others to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.

I have the privilege of counseling children of all ages. The number one healthy dietary obstacle they face is eating enough fruits and veggies. Most children state that the taste of fruits and vegetables is the number 1 obstacle to meeting the #5aDayChallenge.


I also have the privilege of teaching several collegiate nutrition courses. My college students also have challenges to eating five servings of fruits and vegetables per day. My college students say lack of time (aka busyness) or lack of availability of fruits and vegetables are the two common obstacles to meeting the #5aDayChallenge.



I am a Registered Dietitian (RD). I encourage people to meet the #5aDayChallenge. I am a recovering picky eater. I, like everyone else, am busy. We all have budgets, time constraints, and obstacles that make it challenging to live a healthy lifestyle. However, we also know the importance of eating healthfully. So, I am taking the #5aDayChallenge to become a #HealthyRD (healthier registered dietitian). Who's with me?

How will you choose to be healthy today?

Check with your personal RD or MD before starting a new diet or exercise program to make sure it is healthy, safe, and the right choice for you.



For more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter . You can subscribe to this blog, RDtipoftheday.blogspot.com, through BlogLovin.






If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment