Thursday, April 30, 2015

Healthy Snacks T.V. Segment Part 2

The last television appearance I did was on healthy snacking. I wanted to share some of the tips that I shared in the interview. And, there are some bonus tips for healthy eating as well! Check out the first segment for tips on eating healthy.



What are some examples of healthy snacks?

            Planning a healthy snack is just that; it takes just a little planning. So, buy fruits and veggies at the store at least weekly to make sure you have healthy snacks easily accessible.

I start planning a healthy snack by thinking of a fruit or vegetable that I like. Any fruit or vegetable can be a healthy snack. If you feel like a fruit or vegetable by itself will not fill you up. Try pairing your produce with something that compliments its flavor. For example, pair fruits with light yogurt, peanut butter, or cheese. Pair vegetables with a light dressing, vinaigrette, hummus, or cheese.
If you need more examples, see below. 
Apples and peanut butter
  • Bananas and almonds
  • Cucumbers and hummus
  • Strawberries and light yogurt
  • Bell pepper slices and Italian vinaigrette
  • Broccoli and light string cheese
  • Peaches and light yogurt
  • Fruit bowl
  • Tomatoes and cucumber in Italian vinaigrette

I hope this will be helpful to you and encourage healthy snacks throughout the day. I hope you remember to E.A.T healthy year-round. And, I hope you remember to make healthy choices when you are busy and on-the-go.

For even more recipes, encouragement, and tips for healthy eating, follow me on PinterestInstagram, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment